The House System
The House System was introduced in July 1924 during the time of Rev. Spooner. The houses were named after leaders and benefactors of the B.M.S.
The property of the College was bought from the Arthington fund in 1914. Mr. Robert Arthington in Leeds had donated a large sum of money to start new missionary.
Rev. F.D. Waldock was a missionary in Ceylon who was the architect and builder of a number of Baptist Churches in Ceylon. His relations built the First College Hall in his memory.
The first Baptist Missionary to come to the East.
The house come into being in 1951 as Rev. H. Spooner was the principal who introduced the house system at Carey. The Spooner house was named in his honour.