The College Symbols
THE COLLEGE CREST
The College Crest was designed by Rev. W.M P. Jayathunga in 1948, and produced by Messrs Pearce Plan Service Ltd, London. It first appeared on the cover page of the 1948 College Magazine.
A blue Shield stands on a maroon circle. The centre of which is marked with a bold white cross. (Originally maroon). The heart shows two hands opening a door which leads to the pathway of life with the crown of eternal life as its goal. Prominence is also given to our Motto “Serve And Obey”. The Latin version of which is inscribed boldly on a ribbon at the base of the shield. It was hoped that the new crest will not only adorn the printed pages, but will also be a directive and impetus for us in the life that we build in this College which is most dear to us.
THE COLLEGE COLOURS
As the pioneer Missionaries come from Great Britain they brought with them the colours of the Union Jack. Therefore Maroon and Blue were used on our flag.
THE COLLEGE MOTTO
Servi et Pare - Serve and Obey
The college motto was introduced in 1919 by the first Principal Rev. H. J. Charter.