Old Boys Union
The Carey College Old Boys’ Union was formed in the year 1929. Since then, the Union has been closely associated with the school and its development.
The objects of the Union are:-
- To foster fellowship, goodwill and welfare among the past pupils of the College.
- To promote and advance the educational, cultural, social, economic and recreationalwelfare of Carey College and its students.
Membership is open to all past students of the school and consist of :-
- Ordinary members, the annual subscription is Rs.500/- (any member of the clergy who is a past student is exempted from the membership fee)
- Life membership, any ordinary member could be eligible for life membership upon payment of a sum of Rs.2,500/-
- Hony. Life membership is conferred on a member who has rendered distinguished and meritorious service towards the attainment of the objects of the union or who has achieved eminence in his respective professional field including sports according to specified criteria laid down by the Executive Committee or has distinguished himself at national or international level bringing credit to the OBU. Recommendation for life membership will be on a resolution moved by the Executive Committee and adopted at the AGM. No membership fee is payable.
“Centenary Blitz” is a quarterly news bulletin published to provide the membership with information about the activities of the Union and school. It is issued free of charge.
OBU Annual Program of Events.
- Past vs Present Boys Cricket match played for the C.M. Vasa Challenge Trophy.
- Members Outing - A day of fun and frolic for the members and their families
- Members Get-Together: A program for members and members of the College staff to meet and socialize.
- Fund Raiser – a varied program which may include a sing-a-long, dance, walk, musical show, etc to raise funds for Its activities.