No28, Kinsey Road, Colombo 08. Sri Lanka.
To be a dynamic, academic institution for boys that respects diversities and produces balanced, socially responsible, multi-faceted men with the ability to face the challenges of a changing world.
To pursue the highest standards in academic excellence, social integration, personal skills and sporting prowess within a framework of spiritual values and respect for diverse culture and discipline.
When arriving at the busy intersection near the Medical College down Kynsey Road, Colombo 08, there is a gigantic structure that stands proud and grabs the attention of passersby.
‘To God be the glory, great things He hath done’. Carey College is the result of the vision God had to have a vineyard in which the good seed could be planted, from which would emerge good fruit. In the year 1914, the Baptist Missionaries brought this vision to fulfillment and the inception of the school was marked on January 12, 1914.
It was named B.M.S. Boys’ High School. The initial number of students were two boys and three masters. The first Principal Rev. H.J. Charter (B.A., B.D.) put himself whole heartedly to improve the school. He left after 7 years of service and Rev. Spooner (B.D.) succeeded him for 17 years. He gave his best in guiding the destiny of the school. The name of the school was changed to Carey Baptist College. Rev. H.W.Spillet (B.A.,,B.D.) succeeded him. The school celebrated its Silver Jubilee in 1939. He served for 6 years and left the college in 1944.